Survey Conducted by the Augmented Reality for Enterprise Alliance (AREA) in Partnership With Vital Enterprises Reflects Benefits of Smart Glasses for Enterprise Use
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired - June 01, 2016) - The Augmented Reality for Enterprise Alliance (AREA), the only global non-profit, member-based organization dedicated to widespread adoption of interoperable AR-enabled enterprise systems, in partnership with Vital Enterprises, creator of the Vital View quality assurance software platform for smart glasses, today released results of a survey that explores drivers of smart glasses adoption in enterprise environments.
The survey reveals that adoption of smart glasses technology is steadily building. While many industries could benefit from implementation, enterprises in the aerospace, automotive, life sciences and manufacturing sectors are proving to be the earliest adopters.
Survey responses paint a picture of growing demand for smart glasses, the triggers that are driving that demand and the role of smart glasses as a catalyst for competitive advantage. Survey highlights include:
- 42% of businesses surveyed predict they will implement smart glasses technology within the year, and another 38% predict adoption in 2-3 years.
- 45% cite that a need for increased productivity is the major factor driving smart glasses adoption, while 31% predict that smart glasses will help to reduce errors and rework.
- 64% report that reducing or eliminating downtime is a key driver to adoption of smart glasses technology.
- 90% claim that the ability to verify and record work processes through smart glasses will help in meeting organizational compliance requirements.
- 78% of survey respondents say that the ability to accelerate completion of tasks via step-by-step instructions at the point of work is a key driver to smart glasses adoption.
- 68% cite the need to accelerate uncommon or complicated activities with precise instructions is key.
- 60% state that two-way video access to remote experts for support will be valuable to operations.
“Augmented Reality will offer many competitive advantages for enterprises, and, as smart glasses provide hands-free experiences, they are a popular delivery option,” said Mark Sage, executive director of the Augmented Reality for Enterprise Alliance. “The findings of this survey demonstrate that participants understand how smart glasses delivery of Augmented Reality experiences can provide measurable and sustained value.”
“Organizations are planning to implement smart glasses technology to deliver AR for enhanced productivity and increased compliance,” said Ash Eldritch, co-founder and chief science officer of Vital Enterprises. “Vital’s smart glasses software is built from the ground up to address the unique demands of complex and demanding enterprise environments. Smart glasses can enhance activities that require collaboration, detailed instructions, regulated procedures and quality assurance. As the survey reflects, enterprise interest in and adoption of smart glasses is growing as more companies understand that smart glasses functionality makes business processes faster, safer and higher quality.”
Visit https://www.vital.enterprises/survey to download a copy of the whitepaper.
About the AREA
The Augmented Reality for Enterprise Alliance (AREA) is the only global non-profit, member-based organization dedicated to widespread adoption of interoperable AR-enabled enterprise systems. The organization provides high-quality, vendor-neutral content and programs. Discover the benefits of joining the AREA by visiting our membership information page.
About Vital Enterprises
Vital Enterprises’ software platform Vital View leverages smart glasses to deliver an Assisted Reality quality assurance and productivity tool for complex manufacturers. It empowers operations executives to exceed production targets, reduce risk and reduce costs through advanced capabilities: hands-free, glanceable work instructions, real-time video telepresence, and documenting work completed. Vital Enterprises is based in San Francisco, California. For more information, please visit www.vital.enterprises or contact the team at (650) 394 6486.