SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired - May 25, 2016) - Vital Enterprises, a leading provider of software and services for enterprise smartglasses, today announced that International Data Corporation (IDC) recognized Vital as an IDC Innovator in the IDC Innovator: Enterprise Platforms for Smart Eyewear, 2016 (doc #US41145816, May 2016) report.
IDC Innovators are emerging vendors with revenue under $50 million that have demonstrated either a groundbreaking business model, an innovative new technology, or both.
Vital Enterprises’ customers include some of the largest and most admired companies in complex manufacturing sectors, such as aerospace, medical device manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. Vital provides advanced functionality to meet stringent security, governance, and communication capabilities required in complex manufacturing and medical environments. Vital’s software turns wearables into invaluable productivity tools; it empowers operations executives to exceed production targets, reduce risk and reduce costs through advanced capabilities such as hands free, glanceable work instructions, real time video and audio communication and customizable workflows. Vital delivers differentiated functionality to enable the following benefits:
- A unique, ambient and glanceable display on Android smartglasses: by integrating with enterprise data sources, the software displays appropriate information at the appropriate time, at the point of work.
- Real-time, two-way communication: allows technicians and experts to communicate for optimal support, training, workflow enablement and efficiency.
- Workflow and analytics dashboard: gives operations executives the ability to manage controlled checkpoints in the work process, monitor progress or adherence to regulations or business processes, provide real-time feedback on bottlenecks, and monitor statistics.
- Built-in variance tracking and extensive analytics: gives operations executives a view into workflows over time, reveals trends and improvement opportunities, and assists with audit and compliance requirements.
- Machine-learning algorithms: provides continuous learning that reveals process efficiencies and potential improvements that can be realized over time.
- Peer to peer communication and role-based authentication: provides a highly secure software environment. The Vital platform is compliant with the ISO/IEC27033 standard. Because it is a peer to peer, serverless solution, there is minimal threat of data loss or network security breaches. Plus, the framework makes it exceedingly easy for companies to set up pilots with little cost, and no need to divert significant IT resources. This ease of use makes Vital Enterprises attractive to enterprises of all sizes and paves the way to quickly scale projects from pilots to enterprise-wide deployments.
“The Vital software platform has transformed precision manufacturing and medical processes for our customers and provided significant competitive advantage,” said Ash Eldritch, co-founder and Chief Science Officer of Vital Enterprises. “We’re honored to have been recognized as an IDC Innovator, and we look forward to shaping the future of smartglasses in the enterprise.”
- Learn from smartglass experts on the Vital Enterprises blog.
- Watch the future of smart enterprise wearables unfold @VitalAugment.
- See how Vital Enterprises can ignite your complex manufacturing processes and empower your workforce in this Vital Enterprises demo.
About Vital Enterprises
Vital Enterprises provides an advanced software solution that turns wearables into invaluable productivity tools for precision manufacturers. It empowers operations executives to exceed production targets, reduce risk and reduce costs through advanced capabilities such as hands free, glanceable work instructions, real-time video and audio communication and customizable workflows. Vital Enterprises is based in San Francisco, California. For more information, please visit www.vital.enterprises or contact the team at (650) 394 6486.
About IDC Innovators Research
IDC Innovators reports present a set of vendors chosen by an IDC analyst within a specific market that offer an innovative new technology, a groundbreaking approach to an existing issue, and/or an interesting new business model. It is not an exhaustive evaluation of all companies in a segment or a comparative ranking of the companies. IDC INNOVATOR and IDC INNOVATORS are trademarks of International Data Group, Inc.
Contact: Vital Enterprises